Mounting is the process of flattening photographs to a backing of a board using heat, not moisture, A sheet of dry adhesive material that resembles wax paper is sandwiched between the artwork and the backing board. They are then slid into a heat press that melts the adhesive and forms a permanent bond to both sides, eliminating waves and wrinkles.
Foam core board
Mount pictures, posters or presentations.
- Stiff 3/16" thick clay-coated white foam board.
- Lightweight, cuts easily.
- Smooth surface.
It is heavy-duty foam board comprised of extruded polystyrene foam bonded between two layers of wood-fiber veneer.
- The original, heavy-duty graphic black board
- Excellent reputation for great digital and screen printing
- Dent and scratch resistant
Laminating is a sheet of thin plastic, essentially melted or vacuum-sealed onto the surface of your photograph or artwork. Lamination protects from dust and moisture.